November 22, 2019
The most simple and cost-effective way to grow your business is so often overlooked; happy customers become your strongest advocates. They talk to their friends, family, and associates and refer business to you.
Here are 10 ways to delight your customers:
- Meet with your customers more often and take a genuine interest in how they’re doing.
- Run customer events. Put on a few drinks, get in a relevant speaker, and invite your customers along.
- Acknowledge your customers when they refer new customers to you. Send them a gift to show your appreciation.
- Give them a call to check in on how they’re going.
- Do business with your customers and encourage your team to do the same.
- Refer work to your customers. The ‘Law of Reciprocity’ states that the more you do for others, the more likely they are to do something for you in return.
- Go the extra mile; under promise and over deliver.
- Make them feel special when they come into your business. Use their name, greet them warmly, and offer them a drink.
- Introduce them to your team so they feel more welcome and know who to speak to if you’re not around.
- Randomly send them something to show your appreciation for their business. Don’t just do this at Christmas. It doesn’t need to be something big – it could be as simple as forwarding something you’ve read that could be of interest to them.
Remember that, on average, it costs at least six times more to sell to a new customer than it does to sell to an existing one.
So, what are you doing to delight your customers so they become your strongest advocates?